Wildflower honey and walnut cake
It looks like the cold is taking its time to arrive in some areas of Spain, yet it has finally arrived in others. For those who prefer to have an afternoon snack by the fire on winter afternoons, here is a recipe to surprise your family and friends.
- 3/4l. of milk
- 4 eggs
- 50gr of “El Brezal” Wildflower Honey
- 150 g of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 gr of bread
- 30g of walnuts
- Place the milk with the cinnamon stick in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Aside, mix the eggs, sugar, “El Brezal” Wildflower Honey and walnuts in a bowl until obtaining a smooth mixture.
- When the milk is hot, remove from the heat and mix with the smooth mixture.
- Make caramel, with a bit of sugar, water and some drops of lemon, heating it on the stove until it is brown.
- Pour the caramel inside a mould, then place some slices of bread, and finally, the mixture with all the previous ingredients.
- Cook in bain-marie in the oven for 25 minutes at 180ºC.
- Leave to cool, unmold and serve.